Welcome Baby Elizabeth

Friday morning I (finally) got the call from Zig that Megan was indeed in labor and that they would be ready for me to join them sometime soon, so I headed to meet them at North Fulton Medical Center to document the labor and VBAC arrival of their baby girl.

I arrived around 11:15 am, just after they got settled in their room, and Megan was doing great, she labored well and arrived at the hospital at 7cm!  She was doing great with the surges and Zig was a fantastic support (and counter pressure provider) along with my friend Kate who was their Doula and Hypno Birthing instructor. 






After a while things started to get more intense, and she moved to sitting on the birth ball, working the baby down and still doing fantastic!


Then around 2:30 things got really intense and Megan started pushing!  At 3:05pm baby Elizabeth made her appearance!  


Mom's first look at her new daughter (who has a head full of brown hair).  It was love at first sight for all of us, she is just adorable!




When Megan was finally ready, it was time for Elizabeth's first Bath, Daddy did a great job assisting the nurses in cleaning up his little girl.  Then it was time for those important statistics...  8# 12.2 oz and 21" long!  (and this was supposed to be a SMALL baby) 






Since Megan and family live 2 hours away from Atlanta, and big sister Madeline was not at the birth, I stopped in to visit them yesterday at the hospital.





Madeline received a present of her own, a baby doll named Mackenzie ("Baby Kenzie") that she can mother just like mommy.  She eats 'Special Milk' just like baby Elizabeth and even has a hot pink car seat for the trip home from the hospital.



I just love the hats for the girls, Megan learned to knit just to make these (I think she may have to make a couple for my prop box :) as I know I will get asked about them!)



Congratulations to Megan, Ziggy and Madeline and welcome Elizabeth.  Enjoy the preview, I am excited to finish up your slideshow and to do a few more pictures, since we did not get to do some of the ones we wanted to yesterday.  I hope the ride home was easier than the last trip north :) and that the girls are settling in well.

No comments: