~ Welcome Baby Aria! ~

I got the call from Nekesha's midwife at 12:45am on Thursday morning, that she was in labor and to head her way.  So after gathering up my gear I arrived at Nekesha's around 1:30am and found her laboring on the couch and doing well.  


Soon after, she got in the tub to labor in the water, Antonio was great support as the contractions increased in their intensity.  He also turned the lights down and lit candles so she could labor in a peaceful environment with music that was relaxing and beautiful.  The love between these two was very evident as he helped her through the contractions.





Charlotte the midwife looks on and gives advice as the contractions get stronger and she feels like it's time to push.






After trying to push in the tub for a while, and it not working as well as Charlotte liked, Nekesha used the birthing stool and pushing was easier



And at 4:29am on Thursday, May 29th, Aria arrived and Antonio helped her into mom's arms


I love this look on  Nekesha's face as she holds her daughter for the first time, the pain forgotten and the anticipation is finally over!


The new parents are in awe of this beautiful baby girl. 


Antonio makes sure to record her first moments and first feeding!


My view of her first feeding... I love the fingers!



Daddy getting to hold Aria for the first time.  Timid at first, but got the hang of it quickly.



Nekesha is jut beaming as she watches the two of them get to know each other.

After a bit, Aria gets her first check up and we find that she is 8 pounds 12 ounces, with very little moulding of her pretty head, 21" long and pretty perfect.  She was so alert for the exam and looked all around.  

I love the little fingers curled around moms...  


Before I left I caught Antonio and Aria snuggling together in the candle light.


As usual it was an honor to be part of such a momentous event and witness the birth of this little one.  I am always in awe of how the process works.  

I can't wait to see her next week as we finish the birth story images and meet Nekesha's mother who was to arrive later to meet her grand-daughter.

Nekesha & Antonio, thanks so much for asking me to photograph the birth for you, I hope you enjoy this preview of the images, there are many more in the gallery.  See you soon!

>^..^<
~Cat~

2 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy :)

Oana Hogrefe said...

What an amazing record of such a special time!!