Happy Father's Day!

For Elaine & Matt it was an eventful and quite memorable Father's Day! I am so honored that I was able to be there.  I got home about 2:30am and just had to post a preview as there are a LOT of people wanting to see the pictures! So here are a few highlights to hold everyone over...

I got the call around 7:30pm that they were at the hospital and Elaine was at about 5cm.  No rush, but get your gear ready.  Around 10pm we decided I would head towards the hospital and wait for her to want me to start photographing the birth.  I made downtown and was exiting the highway when Nichole calls to say get here as fast as you can!  I arrived at the hospital at 10:50pm and Elaine was starting to push.  Dr. Tate did a wonderful job working with her and talking her through pushing. This was a VBA2C for her and the first time she had pushed a baby out so in many ways this was a first birth situation.

Dr. Tate talking to Elaine and reassuring her that she could push the baby out, it would just take some time.

Pushing...  Pushing... Pushing...  for what I am sure Elaine thought was hours and hours.  But at 11:53pm on Father's Day, Sunday, June 15th she successfully VBAC'd and baby Bridget Mary arrived!


Elaine was overjoyed and on 'cloud 9' as they put her on her chest!






As Elaine & Matt got acquainted with their daughter, Dr. Tate went and made a quick post on the ICAN message board and some of the members who were up reading posts were quick to congratulate her.  He brought her a printout for her to see.


So here she is...



Bridget Mary
June 15, 2008   11:53pm
8 pounds, 7oz    20" Long

Elaine & Matt, get some rest and I will be in touch once you get home and we'll finish up the story as Liam & Clare get to meet their little sister.  I hope you enjoyed the preview, I'm off to bed now as I am finally getting sleepy.  

Congratulations!!!

>^..^<
~Cat~

2 comments:

CornishScotts said...

Catherine, you have a wonderful gift. I am so happy you were there with Elaine and Matt as they welcomed Bridget to the outside world. Your pictures are truly worth a thousand words.

Manda said...

Ditto what KJ said and every mother should get to have that moment you captured on Elaine's face, that face of complete and utter joy, laughing out in tears and joy, holding the baby she just birthed...and I'm so so glad Elaine got to and you caught it for her, so moved beyond words.